Abstracts of original scientific works will be accepted addressing new research perspectives, solutions or applications to real problems, conceptual, empirical or case studies, and as long as they fit into the main topics of the seminar.
Type of works
Authors are invited to submit an extended abstract of their work, with a maximum of 3 pages (according to the template below). All submitted abstracts will be subjected to a double blind review process. Accepted abstracts will be published in the Seminar Proceedings (with e-ISBN). Among the accepted abstracts, the Scientific Committee will select the best works to be extended for publication as book chapters. Submissions can be accepted for publication according to 3 types of work:
Full papers: consolidated works on one of the themes of the seminar. The authors will have 15 minutes to present the paper followed by 5 minutes of discussion.
Short papers: works in progress, but with relevant preliminary results to be discussed. The authors will have 10 minutes to present the paper followed by 5 minutes for discussion.
Posters: initial works, with relevante ideas, to be presented and discussed in special sessions with 30 minutes. Each author should print your poster in A1 format (59.4 cm x 84.1 cm). You can use the graphic elements of the Seminar, doing its download at http://bit.ly/1Gg6DjG
Instructions for Abstract submissions
All the works are submitted online, in the eletronic platform available below, and must be according to the template and format guidelines. Works can be submitted in Portuguese, Spanish or English. Submissions must comply the available template below (DOC or DOCX format).
Submitted papers must not be publish or under review for any other conference or publication.
When at least one of the authors has registered for the event and the paper fulfills the available template, it will be guaranteed the following publications:
- Book of abstracts;
- Seminar Digital Proceedings with e-ISBN (full and short papers);
Authors of the best papers will be also invited to an extended version for publication in a special issue of the Revista Lusófona de Educação, under the conditions agreed with the editorial board (papers may be written in Portuguese, Spanish, English or French). The Revista Lusófona de Educação is currently indexed in the following international networks:
- SCOPUS – SCImago Journals & Country Ranks (SJR)
- ScIELO – Scientific Electronic Library Online
- AERES – French Evaluation Agency for Research and Higher Education
- REDALYC – Red de Revistas Científicas de América Latina y el Caribe, España y Portugal
- QUALIS-A1 – Classificação de Periódicos, Anais, Jornais e Revistas da CAPES, Brasil
- IBSS – International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- CSA – Sociological Abstracts, EUA
- DOAJ – Directory of Open Access Journals
- EBSCO Databases
- LATINDEX – Sistema Regional de Información en Línea para Revistas Científicas de América Latina, el Caribe, España y Portugal
- CREDI-OEI – Biblioteca Digital da Organização dos Estados Iberoamericanos para a Educação, Ciência e Cultura
- BIBLIO-SHS – Portail développé par l’INIST – Département Sciences Humaines et Sociales du CNRS
- Redepisteme – Directório de Revistas Científicas
- Universia – Portal das Universidades
- e-Revist@s – La Plataforma Open Access de Revistas Científicas Eletrónicas Españolas y Latinoamericanas e-Revistas
Papers will be accepted with the exceptional possibility of their virtual presentation, for motives related with distance difficulties (e.g. authors from North Europe or other continents). Participants who choose this format will not have on-line access to the remaining sessions of papers’ presentation, which will take place over the two-day seminar. In addition to written paper submission (respecting the provided template), the authors in this situation will have to send a video presentation – in order to avoid technical problems that may arise on the day of presentation.
More information about this presentation format will be sent to each author with the notification of their submission. You can also send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with technical issues.